TNO, the Netherlands Organisation for applied scientific research, was founded by law in 1932 to enable business and government to apply knowledge. As an organisation regulated by public law, they are independent: not part of any government, university or company. They focus on transitions or changes in five social themes:
- Industry, for a strong, internationally competitive business community.
- Healthy Living, for a fit, healthy and productive population.
- Defence & Security, for decisive action in an uncertain world.
- Energy, for faster progress towards a low-carbon energy system.
- Urbanisation, to innovate for dynamic urban regions.
De-LAB is partner of TNO within the EU H2020 project “Green EU” dedicated to Green Technology Transfer.